Car Rental Tips And Tricks In Korea
Car Rent Service
• Joining the website of a car rental company can provide you with many benefits. You may be able to get a 30~50% discount, depending on the company.
• If there is a particular car model you want, reserve it in advance, especially during the summer holiday season from mid-July to mid-August. During the rest of the year, cars are readily available and reservations aren't necessary. Even if you make a reservation, there is no need to pay a deposit. You can make the full payment when you pick up the car. If an extra charge is incurred, you need to pay it when you return the car.
• Rental cars are less than 2 ~3 years old. If your car has many dents and appears old, ask for another car.
• When you pick up a car at the airport, you need to inspect it carefully, both inside and outside, together with an employee of the car rental company. The contract requires you to detail in writing the condition of the car. If you record all scratches and dents on the car, it will be easy to prove when you return the car whether or not damage already existed.
• When you return the car, you should leave the same amount of fuel in the tank as when you picked up the car. If you fill it up above the original level, you will not be reimbursed for the extra amount. It is recommended to use a gas station near your return point.
• If you reserve a rental car over the Internet, there is no need to pay a deposit. Even if you do pay a deposit, the full amount will be returned if you cancel the reservation at least 24 hours before the pick-up time. If you cancel it less than 24 hours before the pick-up time, 10 percent of the full charge will be deducted from the deposit.