Pusan National University Hospital (PNUH) was opened in 1956 as Pusan University Affiliated Hospital under the banner of "Education, Research, and Treatment" in accordance with national education policy, for the purpose of contributing to medical knowledge and public health through research in the fields of medicine, dentistry, nursing science, and pharmacology. In 1988, it received its present name, Pusan National University Hospital, after that the name has continued to grow and develop.
Medical Staffs: Since PNUH was incorporated in 1994, the medical staff has made great efforts to maintain a client-centered focus with providing the best service. So, client satisfaction has remarkably increased.
Achievements and Contributions: Pusan National University Hospital is involved in many fields of public services for the benefits of the local community and the nation as a public hospital. As a result, it was certified as a medical institution by the Ministry of Health and Welfare in 2011 and was ranked as ‘the second place in brand power’ of general hospitals in 2012.
Services: Pusan National University Hospital provides a wide range of general and special medical services. For the treatment of heart disease and heart attack PNUH runs 20 specialty centers. Pusan National University Hospital offers a wide range of treatment of PET/CT and other diagnostic imaging services, with the most advanced medical machines. PNUH provides services for more than 4000 outpatients and 1100 inpatients daily.
Infrastructure: Pusan National University Hospital has administered 23 medical departments, 8 dental departments, and a subsidiary research institute since it was incorporated in 1994, with a focus on maintaining cutting edge technology of the 21st century medical science.