Ulsanbawi Rock (설악산 울산바위)
- Zip Code : 24903
- Phone number : +82-33-636-7700
- Homepage :english.knps.or.kr (Korean, English)
- Address : 1091, Seoraksan-ro, Sokcho-si, Gangwon-do
- Driving directions : [Bus]
From Seoul Express Bus Terminal, take a bus to Sokcho Express Bus Terminal.
- From Sokcho city, take Bus No. 7 or 7-1.
- Get off at Sogongwon Entrance Bus Stop (20-25 min ride).
Ulsanbawi is composed of six granite peaks, each bearing a x_width of 4km. You can see the spectacular scenery of Seorak Mountain, the East Sea, Dalma Peak, and Haksapyeong Reservoir from the top. There are three varying theories as to what the name Ulsanbawi implies: that it looks like a fence, that its name was copied from Ulsan of Gyeongsangnam-do, and that the Korean term of “crying mountain” was translated into Chinese characters.
Because of the way the whole mountain reverberates the sound of thunder in rain, it is also referred to as Cheonhusan. The arduous 4km hike up that takes roughly two hours to reach the peak is worth it. Views from the top are simply breathtaking.
- Contact and Information : • 1330 Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330
(English, Korean, Japanese, Chinese)
• For more info: +82-33-636-7700
- Day off : N/A (Open all year round)
- Experience guide :
- Parking facilities : Available (Sogongwon Park Parking Lot)
- Mountain Not Access Period
* Subject to changes depending on parks. Refer to the official website before visiting.
- Areas Open to the Public
Seorak-dong (설악동) - Ulsanbawi Rock (울산바위) Osaek Mineral Spring (오색약수터) - Yongso Falls (용소폭포) Sogongwon (소공원) - Biryong Falls (비룡폭포) ~ Towangpok Observatory (토왕폭전망대)
Gamasot Entrance (가마솥입구) ~ Entrance to Korea Botanical Garden (자생식물원입구)
* Subject to changes depending on weather conditions. Please check before visiting.
- Parking Fees
Small cars 2,000 won
Mid-sized cars 4,000-5,000 won
Large-sized cars 6,000-7,500 won