Elephant Rock (Gongam Rock) (코끼리바위 (공암))
- Zip Code : 40205
- Phone number : +82-54-790-6392
- Homepage : www.ulleung.go.kr
(Korean, English, Chinese, Japanese)
- Address : Hyeonpo-ri, Buk-myeon, Ulleung-gun, Gyeongsangbuk-do
- Driving directions : [Ferry]
From Mukhohang Port or Pohang Ferry Terminal, take a ferry to Ulleung-do.
From Ulleung-do, you can take the tour bus or a taxi.
For more information, please refer to the official website.
Together with Gwaneumssanggul Cave and the Samseonam Rocks, Gongam Rock is one of the three scenic landscapes of Ulleungdo Island. The rock is in the shape of an elephant with its trunk dipped in the water for a drink. It is also called Gumeong Bawi (or Hole Rock) due to a 10-centimeter hole around the trunk. The surface of the rock looks like stacked firewood due to Jusangjeolli (columnar jointing) phenomenon.
- Contact and Information : • 1330 Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330
(Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
• For more info: +82-54-790-6392
- Day off :
- Experience guide :
- Parking facilities :