Jusangjeolli Cliff of Mudeungsan Mountain (무등산 주상절리대)
- Zip Code : 61512
- Phone number : +82-62-227-1187, +82-61-371-1187
- Homepage :mudeungsan.gjcity.net
- Address : San 354-1, Yongyeon-dong, Dong-gu, Gwangju
- Driving directions : From Gwangju Bus Terminal (U-Square).
Take Bus 09 and get off at the entrance of Jeungsimsa Temple(증심사).
Walk towards Mudeungsan Provincial Park(무등산도립공원).
The Jueangjeolli cliffs are rock pillars of various hexagonal shapes that seem as if they were hand carved. The Jusangjeolli cliffs of Mudeungsan Mountain consist of Seoseokdae, Ipseokdae, and Gyubong Rocks formed about 70 million years ago. Ipseokdae and Gyubong Rocks are both of a distinct pillar shape as they have been heavily weathered, and Seoseokdae, which was less weathered, looks like a folding screen. The Neodeolgeong (cluster of rocks), which sit on the mountain slope, were made when stone pillars collapsed. The standing rocks and Neodolgeong have been designated as Natural Monuments due to their rarity and uniqueness.
- Contact and Information : • 1330 Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330
(Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
• For more info: +82-62-227-1187,
- Day off :
- Experience guide :
- Parking facilities : Available
- Admission Fees
- Available Facilities
Cheongpum Rest Area
- Parking Fees
[Jeungsimsa Temple Area]ClassificationParking Fees
(won)Two-wheeled100200CarsBusiness2002,400Non-business4006,400BusesMicro2503,000Regular1502,000Non-regular3004,000Trucks4t and up2503,000up to 4t3004,000