Mokpo Gatbawi Rock (목포 갓바위)
- Zip Code : 58699
- Phone number : +82-61-270-3541
- Homepage : tour.mokpo.go.kr (Korean only)
- Address : Yonghae-dong, Mokpo-si, Jeollanam-do
- Driving directions : From
Mokpo Intercity Bus Terminal, take a taxi to Mokpo Gatbawi Rock. (10min)
From Mokpo City, take Bus 7 or 15 to Mokpo Gatbawi Rock (목포 갓바위).
Located on the coast of Yonghae-dong in Mokpo, Gatbawi is a natural sandstone and tafoni formation near the mouth of the Yeongsangang River, where freshwater runs into the sea. Gatbawi is named after its shape, which is said to look like a man wearing a traditional Korean hat called a “gat” (“bawi” meaning “rock”). The rock is actually made of two individual formations: one measuring 8m high and one 6m high. Valued not only for its aesthetics, Gatbawi Rock is of high geological value as a “natural sculpture” that was formed as a result of years of weathering. The rock formation was officially recognized as Natural Monument No. 500 on April 27, 2009.
- Contact and Information : • 1330 Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330
(Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
• For more info: +82-61-270-3541
- Day off :
- Experience guide :
- Parking facilities :