Asan-si Hot Springs Special Tourist Zone (아산시 온천 관광특구)
- Zip Code :
- Phone number : +82-41-540-2689
- Homepage :Asan Cultural Tourism
- Address : Asan-si, Chungcheongnam-do
- Driving directions :
Asan-si Hot Springs Special Tourist Zone includes Dogo, Asan and Onyang Hot Springs. When Onyangoncheon Station on Seoul subway line No.1 opened in December, 2008, the number of tourists who traveled here increased.
It is said that Onyang Hot Springs is 1300 years old, which means that it dates back to the Three Kingdoms Period. During the period of the Joseon Dynasty, it was the rulers’ favorite spot for treatment and recuperation.
Onyang Hot Springs has alkaline water and boasts high water quality and a large volume. The water temperature is 37~54℃. There are 200 accommodation facilities and amenities, including hotels, Oncheonjang hot springs and restaurants, which make Onyang Hot Springs the best place for recreation and rest.
Designated as a therapeutic hot springs, Dogo Hot Springs is equipped with spa treatment facilities. The water park within the hot springs is popular with families. Near the hot springs is a station that used to be Dogooncheon Station, but today, visitors can experience rail bike riding there. Another spot to visit is Asan Botanical Garden, which shows off beautiful flowers even in the depths of winter.
Asan Hot Springs has a variety of water park attractions in its theme hot springs. As the hot springs has soft water and contains plenty of minerals, such as silicic acid, sodium and calcium, it is said that drinking the water boosts metabolism and strengthens the digestive system. Apart from the modern style condominiums and inns, the hot springs has a golf course, water park and outdoor swimming pool filled with hot spring water and offers a great opportunity to experience various leisure activities.
* Current State of Asan Hot Springs Special Tourist Zone
1) Districts Covered: Areas around Sinsu-ri, Eumbong-myeon, Asan-si, Chungcheongnam-do (Onyang, Dogo and Asan Hot Springs, Sinjeongho Tourist Site)
2) Area: 3,710,000㎡
* Tourist Attractions
Paradise Spa Dogo, Asan Spavis, Oeam Folk Village, Oncheonjang hot springs, Botanical Garden, Traditional Market, etc.
- Contact and Information : • 1330 Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330 (Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
• For more info: +82-41-540-2689 (Korean)
- Day off :
- Experience guide :
- Parking facilities : 15 public parking lots are available around Oncheonjang hot springs and the neighboring tourist sites.
- Available Facilities
Tourist information center, interpretation center, tourist hotel, family hotel, water park, tourist entertainment restaurant, etc.
52 restrooms are available around Oncheon hot springs and the neighboring tourist sites.
- Facilities for the Handicapped
Elevators in hotels as well as paths and restrooms exclusively for the disabled are available.
- Interpretation Services Offered
English, Chinese and Japanese travel handbooks are available at the tourist information center around Oncheonjang hot springs. The interpretation center offers interpretation service.