Imsil Cheese Village (전북 임실치즈마을)
- Zip Code : 55923
- Phone number :
- Homepage :www.invil.org (Korean only)
- Address : 4, Cheese maeul 1-gil, Imsil-eup, Imsil-gun, Jeollabuk-do
- Driving directions : [Bus]
From Seoul Nambu Bus Terminal, take a bus bound for Imsil.
(bus departs almost every hour / 06:30-19:00)
From Imsil Bus Terminal, take a bus bound for Imsil (Gwanchon) (임실(관촌)).
Get off at Imsil Station. The village is located about 600m from Imsil Station.
Available village bus routes: Gangjin-Imsil, Gwanchon-Osu, Gwanchon-Unam, Sucheon-Imsil, Unam-Imsil, Imsil-Unam, Imsil-Imsil
Imsil, Jeollabuk-do, a town famous for being Korea’s first cheese-making village, offers hands-on experience programs while living in clean, unpolluted farm country. The village is attracting the attention of foreign visitors who are interested in making and tasting local Korean cheese. Thanks to its proximity to the Hanok (traditional Korean-style house) Village of Jeonju, only 30 minutes away, many tourists choose to stay at a traditional hanok and visit the cheese village from there. The experience programs are run all year round except on Mondays. Visitors are advised to make a phone reservation at least three days prior to visiting.
- Contact and Information : • 1330 Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330
(Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
• For more info: +82-63-643-3700
- Day off : Closed on Mondays, Seollal and Chuseok holidays
- Experience guide : [Cheese Village Mozzarella Program]
- Standard program: Cultivator experience + Cheese-making + Cheese pork cutlet (meal)
- Optional program: Cookie experience / Mill educational experience / Goat soap experience / Pizza experience / Calf feeding
- Schedule: 10:00 / 11:30 / 13:30
- Large pizza making / Mini pizza making
- Schedule: 10:00-17:00 (about 1 hour)
* Reservation for hands-on programs required in advance
[Six hands-on programs]
- Roasted cheese-making, riding a cultivator, feeding calf, string cheese-making, rice pizza making, traditional play
* Reservation available for groups of 20 people or more
- Parking facilities : 10 parking spaces
- Admission Fees
- Parking Fees
- Reservation Info. for Natives
Phone reservation or online reservation must be made at least 3 days in advance.
* Tel: 82-63-643-3700
- Korean Info. Service