Imsil Cheese Theme Park (임실치즈테마파크)
- Zip Code : 55918
- Phone number :
- Homepage :www.cheesepark.kr (Korean only)
- Address : 50, Doin 2-gil Seongsu-myeon, Imsil-gun, Jeollabuk-do
- Driving directions : From Imsil Intercity Bus Terminal, take a taxi to Imsil Cheese Theme Park (estimated fare approx. 8,000 won).
The history of Imsil cheese began in 1958. At that time, Imsil had no local specialty or unique color of its own, which changed when Ji Jeong-hwan, a Belgian priest came to the region as a missionary. The governor of Imsil-gun asked the priest to work for the community, not just for Catholics in Imsil. After much thoughts, he decided to make cheese. In the beginning, he made cheese with goat milk. Imsil's reputation as a cheese village, which began with just two goats, is now blooming with the establishment of Imsil Cheese Theme Park.
Imsil Cheese Theme Park consists of cheese experience centers, a promotion center, a milk processing factory, a local specialty shop, etc., where one can meet the past, present and future of Imsil cheese. The Cheese Science Lab is continuing research to make premium cheese.
- Contact and Information : • 1330 Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330 (Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
• For more info: +82-63-643-2300, 3400
- Day off : Second and fourth Mondays of the month
- Experience guide : [Course A (making Imsil N Cheese)] Making Imsil N Cheese (Make and pack your own cheese)
[Course B (making Imsil N Cheese (string cheese) and a rice pizza (a single portion)] Making Imsil N Cheese (string cheese) with Imsil milk and a rice pizza with your own cheese
[Course C (making Imsil N Cheese and a pizza)] Making Imsil N Cheese (Make and pack your own cheese) and a rice pizza (tasting or packing)
[Course P (a premium program)] Making Imsil N Cheese (make and pack your own cheese), a rice pizza (tasting or packing) and 2 natural soaps for different skin types
[Course S (a special program for cooking with cheese)] Cooking with Imsil N Cheese (Swiss fondue, barbecued chicken, premium pizza with Korean beef, risotto, canapé, etc.)
- Parking facilities : Available
- Admission Fees
Varies by program
- Available Facilities
Cheese Hall, Themed Hall, Park Hall, a milk processing factory, Imsil N-Cheese shop, Cheese Science Lab., etc.
- Interpretation Services Offered
Promotion material provided (in English, Japanese, Chinese)
A PHP Error was encountered
Message: Undefined index: firstimage
Line Number: 240