Seocheon Hansan Mosi Museum (서천한산모시관)
- Zip Code : 33624
- Phone number :
- Homepage :mosi.seocheon.go.kr (Korean only)
- Address : 1089, Chungjeol-ro, Hansan-myeon, Seocheon-gun, Chungcheongnam-do
- Driving directions : [Local Bus]
From Seocheon Intercity Bus Terminal Bus Stop, take Nongeochon Bus bound for Seocheon-Hansan.
Get off at Hansan Mosigwan Bus Stop (approx. 40 min).
Mosi (Ramie Fabric) is one of Hansan’s special local products, along with sogokju liquor. Seocheon Hansan Mosi Museum explains the history and process of making mosi, as well as provides visitors with a chance to see it being made by skilled artisans. With the assistance of Bang Yeon-ok, visitors can try their hand at the process, designated Important Intangible Cultural Heritage No. 14, or try other experience programs such as natural dying and making useful items.
- Contact and Information : • 1330 Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330 (Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
• For more info: +82-41-951-4100,
- Day off : N/A (Open all year round)
- Experience guide : Exhibitions (Hansan ramie-making process, history of ramie clothes, ramie fabric in other countries, Hansan ramie fabric as a future industry, etc.)
Workshops (Bang Yeon-ok/Nah Sang-deok's Workshops) Ramie fabric-related activity programs (ramie fabric & hanji [traditional Korean paper] making, daily-supplies making, ramie fabric dyeing, trying on ramie clothes)
* The above programs are subject to change. Please call in advance.
- Parking facilities : Available
- Admission Fees
Adults 1,000 won / Teenagers 500 won / Children 300 won
* Discounts available for groups of 20 people or more
- Parking Fees
- Available Facilities
Exhibition, product sales, etc.