Animation Museum (애니메이션 박물관)
- Zip Code : 24461
- Phone number :
- Homepage :www.animationmuseum.com (Korean only)
robotstudio.kr (Korean only)
- Address : 854, Baksa-ro, Seo-myeon, Chuncheon-si, Gangwon-do
- Driving directions : Chuncheon Station (Seoul Subway, Gyeongchun Line), Exit 1.
Cross the street and walk approx. 490 m.
Turn left and walk approx. 100 m to Chuncheon Nonghyeop Bus Stop across teh street.
Take Bus No. 82 and get off at Chuncehon Animation Museum (approx. 35 min)
The Animation Museum in Chuncheon is the only animation museum in Korea. The exhibition hall on the first floor shows the origin, development and types of animation, techniques and process of making amination, history of the development of animation-related equipment, and the history of Korean animation. On the second floor are Chuncheon Hall, US Hall, Japan Hall, Europe Hall, and Other Regions Hall (Asia and other regions), where visitors can get to know the history of animation throughout the world.
In addition, various activity programs await visitors, like watching 3D animation films, experiencing audio effects/dubbing and shooting stop-motion animation.
- Contact and Information : • 1330 Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330
(Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
• For more info: +82-33-245-6444, 6470
- Day off : Mondays and New Year's Day (If Monday is a holiday, the museum will be closed the next day)
- Experience guide : Exhibition
The creation and history of animation, types of animation, dubbing studio, history of animation throughout the world, etc.
- 3D Movie 2,000 won / 12~14 min
- Animatheque 5,000 won / featured animation
Free semester programs include Smart creation program, Make-your-own drone program, Robot program
Annual events include Childrens' Day event, Anitown Festival, and Character creation contest
* Program fees vary depending on the program.
- Parking facilities : Available
- Admission Fees
Animation Museum + Robot Studio
* Individuals - Adults 9,600 won / Teenagers 8,000 won / Children 8,000 won
* Groups - Adults 8,400 won / Teenagers 7,000 won / Children 7,000 won
* Individuals - Adults 5,000 won / Teenagers 4,000 won / Children 4,000 won
* Groups - Adults 4,000 won / Teenagers 3,200 won / Children 3,200 won
* One guide (teacher) per 30 people can enter free of charge.
* Free admission: Toddlers 23 months and under
* 50% discount: Residents of Chuncheon-si, age 65 and above
* Discounts cannot be overlapped.
Watching a movie in the Animation Museum
* 3D movie - Individual 2,000 won / Group 1,500 won * Animateque (a long work of animation/updated every month) - Individual 5,000 won / Group 4,000 won
- Parking Fees
- Available Facilities
Café, outdoor stage, museum shop, etc.