Daegu Yangnyeongsi Museum of Oriental Medicine (대구약령시 한의약박물관)
- Zip Code : 41934
- Phone number :
- Homepage :dgom.daegu.go.kr (Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
- Address : 49, Dalgubeol-daero 415-gil, Jung-gu, Daegu
- Driving directions : [Subway]
Banwoldang Station (Daegu Subway Line 2), Exit 15. Walk straight for approx. 105m.
Turn left at the Jong-ro/Namseong-ro Intersection.
Walk straight for approx. 250m.
Jungangno Station (Daegu Subway Line 1), Exit 1.
Walk straight for approx. 195m.
Turn right and walk straight for approx. 300m.
Turn left and walk straight for approx. 90m.
Turn right and walk approx. 65m.
Yangnyeongsi Museum of Oriental Medicine continues to provide an opportunity to experience the 350-year-old traditions of Oriental medicine and medicine markets through multiple exhibitions and various hands-on experience programs. The museum provides graphics and animation shows in four languages. The first floor also houses the nation’s only wholesale market of Hanyakjae medicinal herbs.
- Contact and Information : • 1330 Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330
(Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
• For more info: +82-53-253-4729
- Day off : Mondays (open if Monday is a national holiday), January 1, the day of Seollal (Lunar New Year's Day) & Chuseok (Korean Thanksgiving Day)
- Experience guide : Medicinal herb foot bath, making herbal soap, making oriental natural air freshener, making an oriental mist, making an oriental lip balm, traditional nurse and doctor costume experience, traditional herbal tea sampling, self health examination
- Parking facilities : Available (public parking lot available behind the museum / Yangnyeongsi Seomun's public parking lot)
- Admission Fees
Free (separate fees apply to some programs)
- Available Facilities
History of Oriental Medicine Exhibition, Oriental Medicine Hands-on Experience Zone, Feet bathing in herbal medicine room, etc.
- Parking Fees
Yangnyeongsi East Gate parking lot
- 500 won for first 30 min, 250 won every 10 min. after. Free after 19:00
Yangnyeongsi West Gate parking lot
- 500 won for first 30 min, 250 won every 10 min. after. Free on weekends and national holidays.
Yangnyeongsi paid parking lot
- 1,000 won, 300 won every 10 min. after
- 1 hr free parking if visiting the Daegu Yangnyeongsi Museum of Oriental Medicine
- Facilities for the Handicapped
- Reservation Info. for Foreigners
Available with advance reservations.
- Interpretation Services Offered
English, Japanese, Chinese audio guide rental service (3F Information Center)
Experience program available, inquire to the interpreter