Daegu Yangnyeongsi Museum of Oriental Medicine (대구약령시 한의약박물관)
- Zip Code : 41934
- Phone number :
- Homepage :dgom.daegu.go.kr
(English, Japanese, Chinese)
- Address : 49, Dalgubeol-daero 415-gil, Jung-gu, Daegu
- Driving directions : [Subway]
Banwoldang Station (Daegu Subway Line 2), Exit 15. Walk straight for approx. 105m.
Turn left at the Jong-ro/Namseong-ro Intersection.
Walk straight for approx. 250m.
Jungangno Station (Daegu Subway Line 1), Exit 1.
Walk straight for approx. 195m.
Turn right and walk straight for approx. 300m.
Turn left and walk straight for approx. 90m.
Turn right and walk approx. 65m.
Yangnyeongsi Oriental Medicine Cultural Center was established in 1993. On the first floor is the herbal medicine market, which opens every five days and sells different types of herbal medicine from across the country. The second floor, divided into six zones, presents various experience stations, a souvenir shop and an outdoor garden. The third floor, divided into four zones, displays general and historical facts about oriental medicine development in the city of Yangnyeong. Through multiple exhibitions and various hands-on experience programs, the Cultural Center continues to provide an opportunity to experience the 350-year-old traditions of Yangnyeong-si and Yakjeon Medicine Alley.
- Contact and Information : • 1330 Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330
(Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
• For more info: +82-53-253-4729
- Day off : Mondays, New Year's Day, day of Seollal (Lunar New Year's Day) & Chuseok (Korean Thanksgiving Day)
- Experience guide : *Hands-on experience programs
Feet bathing in herb medicine: 5,000 won (20 min) Making herbal soap: 3,000 won (20 min)
Making oriental natural air freshener: 5,000 won (20 min)
Making an oriental mist: 5,000 won (10 min)
Making an oriental lip balm: 4,000 won (10 min)
Traditional nurse and doctor costume experience: Free
Traditional herbal tea sampling: Free
Self health examination: Free
* Program hours: 10:00-12:00 / 14:00-17:00
* Advanced reservation required for groups of 10 or more people.
- Parking facilities : Available (public parking lot available behind the museum / Yangnyeong-si Seomun's public parking lot/ Yangnyeong-si Dongmun's public parking lot)
- Admission Fees
Free (except for specific programs)
* Culture Day - 10% off on all oriental culture experience after 18:00.
- Available Facilities
History of Oriental Medicine Exhibition, Oriental Medicine Hands-on Experience Zone, Feet bathing in herbal medicine room, etc.
Available (3F & 2F)
- Parking Fees
Public parking lot - 1,000 won for 30 min
- Facilities for the Handicapped