Gangneung Green City Experience Center E-ZEN (강릉 녹색도시체험센터 E-ZEN)
- Zip Code : 25522
- Phone number :
- Homepage :greencity.gn.go.kr (Korean only)
- Address : 33, Gangneung-daero, Gangneung-si, Gangwon-do
- Driving directions : [Bus]
Take an express bus or intercity bus to Gangneung Bus Terminal.
Take Bus No. 230-1 to Heogyu Birthplace Entrance Bus Stop.
Take the road to the left until the T-intersection.
Head left and the center will be ahead on the right.
Gangneung Green City transformed a coal yard into an example green city as a representation of the natural resources available in Gangneung. The site uses only natural energy gathered through solar panals and geothermal heat pumps. The Gangneung Green City Experience Center provides a space for visitors to spend the night while they take part in various experience programs to learn more about clean energy, including the science and usability of clean energy in daily life.
- Contact and Information : • 1330 Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330
(Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
• For more info: +82-33-923-0200~1
- Day off : Exhibition: N/A (Open all year round)
Programs: Closed Mondays
- Experience guide : * Energy Green System Tour
- Schedule: Tuesday-Friday 10:00 (Individuals & Groups), 14:00 (Groups – Visiting electric buses) / Saturday 10:00, 14:00
- Registration: Online reservation / up to 23 people
- Programs: Green city experience center tour (20 min) & Eco-friendly electric bus experience (20 min)
- Visiting electric bus experience: Facility tour (environment experience) after moving to E-Zen by electric bus
* Environment Experience Permanent Program
- Schedule: Tuesday-Friday 10:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 / Saturday (cooking class) 10:00-12:00
- Registration: Permanent program, apply on-site (Online reservation required for groups)
- Programs: Varies by date (Candle making, making handwash, making eco-note, etc)
* Sunday Environment Playground
- Schedule: Sundays 11:00-16:00
- Registration: On-site reservation
- Program: Board game related to environment, garbage collection, speed environment quiz, building a tower with paper cups
- E-Zen Bike Time (Operating March-November)
- Bike Safety Class: Tuesday-Friday 10:00-12:00 (Groups: Online reservation), 14:00-17:00 (Individuals: Phone & On-site reservation)
- Children Bike Safety Driving Certificate: Tuesday-Friday 14:00-17:00 / Saturday-Sunday 10:00-12:00 / Reservation is available via phone or on-site. (15 people per time)
- Bike Rental:
Two-wheeled bike Tuesday-Sunday 10:00-12:00 / 13:00-16:00
Family bike Saturday-Sunday 10:00-12:00 / 13:00-16:00 (separate fee applies)
Rental is available after bike safety education.
- One round of E-Zen by Recumbent Bicycle: Saturday 13:00-16:00 / On-site reservation (paid program)
* Additional programs: One-day class, ecological playground, E-Zen family farmer, free semester program, environmental art project, Migratory bird school of Gyeongpo Prickly Water Lily Wetland, coffee experience, etc.
* Programs are subject to change depending on local conditions. Please make a phone-inquiry before visiting.
- Parking facilities : Available
- Admission Fees
Varies by program
- Reservation Info. for Natives
Reservations accepted via website, wire & on-site visits (Varies by program)
A PHP Error was encountered
Message: Undefined index: firstimage
Line Number: 240