Gwangju Kimchi Town (광주김치타운)
- Zip Code : 61755
- Phone number : +82-62-613-8222
- Homepage :kimchitown.gwangju.go.kr (Korean only)
- Address : 60, Kimchi-ro, Nam-gu, Gwangju
- Driving directions : [Train]
Take a train from Yongsan Station to Gwangju-Songjeong Station
Take Bus Jinwol78 and get off at Gwangju Kimchi Town Bus Stop.
Gwangju Kimchi Town is dedicated to kimchi, Korea's representative food. Visitors have the opportunity to learn about the history and culture of kimchi, as well as experience making this dish first-hand. A variety of programs are available for all groups of people, from children to adults, and foreigners.
- Contact and Information : • 1330 Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330
(Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
• For more info: +82-62-613-8222
- Day off : Mondays, Jan. 1, the day of Seollal (Lunar New Year's Day) & Chuseok (Korean Thanksgiving Day)
- Experience guide : Making kimchi, kimchi school
Traditional fermentation lesson (Weekends / 15,000 won)
- Parking facilities :
- Admission Fees
Free admission / Fees apply for programs
- Available Facilities
* Kimchi Museum (Inquiries: +82-62-673-8402)
* Kimchi HACCP-certified Storage
* Kimchi Experience Center
- Reservation Info. for Natives
For groups of more than 40 people, reservation required. Programs can be reserved by phone.