Bosu-dong Book Street (보수동 책방골목)
- Zip Code : 48967
- Phone number : +82-51-244-9668
- Homepage :www.bosubook.com
- Address : 8, Chaekbanggolmok-gil, Jung-gu, Busan
- Driving directions : 1) Toseong Station (Busan Subway Line 1), Exit 1.
Take a right at the corner of Busan Bank and walk along the street until the Bosu Four-way intersection (sageori).
The book street will be located on the left.
2) Jagalchi Station (Busan Subway Line 1), Exit 3.
Take a right immediately and then walk straight for about 620m.
Cross the main road, Daecheong-ro, and the book street is straight ahead.
Bosu-dong Book Street has a unique background. It was formed after the independence of Korea (August 15) as a residential area in the empty place where the previous Gukje Market was demolished. People started selling the books Japanese left behind, and later on, when it became a private area, book sellers moved to the current place to sell their books.
When Busan became the provisional capital during the Korean War, refugees brought and sold their precious books for a living. As time went by, professors and students came to the alley and started purchasing books, contributing to the build up of the current book street. Once, used books were gathered in the alley and rare books could be found. Thanks to this, more temporary buildings were formed. At that time, about 70 books stores were available for students to sell and buy used books. In the early 60’s when the publication culture was not yet settled down, many students and educated people had to sell their books and then buy secondhand books or magazines. After going through this time, the Bosu-dong Book Street became a famous book street throughout the nation. The prices of books are scaled according to the conditions of the book or bargaining.
- Contact and Information : • 1330 Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330
(Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
• For more info: +82-51-253-7220
- Day off :
- Experience guide : Culture Hall (Permanent Exhibition Hall, Planned Exhibition Hall), Alley Tour
* Various cultural lectures and education programs are available every month.
- Parking facilities :