Bosu-dong Book Street Cultural Center(보수동 책방골목 문화관)
- Zip Code : 48967
- Phone number : +82-51-743-7650
- Homepage :http://www.bosubook.com
http://bosubook.alltheway.kr (Korean only)
- Address : 8, Chaekbanggolmok-gil, Jung-gu, Busan
- Driving directions : 1) Toseong Station (Busan Subway Line 1), Exit 1.
Take a right at the corner of Busan Bank and walk along the street until the Bosu Four-way intersection (sageori).
The book street will be located on the left.
2) Jagalchi Station (Busan Subway Line 1), Exit 3.
Take a right immediately and then walk straight for about 620m.
Cross the main road, Daecheong-ro, and the book street is straight ahead.
[The used bookstore that sells memories]
Bosu-dong Book Street has a unique background. It was formed after the independence of Korea (August 15) as a residential area in the empty place where the previous Gukje Market was demolished. Book stores began opening one-by-one and soon the street became known as Bosu-dong Book Street. The street is popular amongst booklovers for their used books as well as new books, and amongst travelers for the street’s unique atmosphere. Many young adults also frequent the street because there are many specialty shops for comic books. Every year, the Bosu-dong Culture Festival takes place and visitors can participate in events such as, make-your-own book cover, make-your-own book, and so on. The festival not only gives an opportunity to learn about the history of Bosu-dong Book Street, but have a good time as well.
- Contact and Information : • 1330 Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330
(Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
• For more info: +82-51-743-7650
- Day off :
- Experience guide : Culture Hall (Permanent Exhibition Hall, Planned Exhibition Hall), Alley Tour
* Closed Mondays
* Various cultural lectures and education programs are available every month.
- Parking facilities :