Chuncheon Oksanga (Okgwangsan Jade Mine) (춘천 옥산가 (옥광산))
- Zip Code : 24211
- Phone number : +82-33-242-1042
- Homepage :www.oksanga.com (Korean only)
- Address : 228, Geumok-gil, Dong-myeon, Chuncheon-si, Gangwon-do
- Driving directions : [Subway]
Chuncheon Station (Gyeongchun Line), Exit 1.
Take Bus No. 12 and get off at the Bank of Korea.
Transfer to Bus No. 66 and get off at Okgwangsan.
Turn around, and go straight for approx. 100 m to arrive at Oksanga.
Oksanga is the only jade mine in Korea and the only white jade mine in the world. It was built in 1972 with the sole purpose of creating a jade mining facility. It now offers tours of the caves and even a steam sauna experience. Various jade formations along both sides of the cave lead to a long platform where visitors can stop for a break. A gift shop also offers a wide range of jades and related products at discounted prices including rings, necklaces, and even beds as well as a restaurant serving foods made with water gathered from the cave.
- Contact and Information : • 1330 Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330 (Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
• For more info: +82-33-242-1042, 0447
- Day off : N/A (Open all year round
- Experience guide : Jade sauna experience
- Parking facilities : Available
- Admission Fees
[Jade Mine Experience Center]
Adults 5,000 won / Children & Groups (20+ people) 4,000 won
Adults 12,000 won / Children 6,000 won
- Available Facilities
* Jade Mine Experience Center
* Jade Mine Sauna Room, Souvenir Shop