Archaeological Site in Bonghwang-dong, Gimhae (김해 봉황동 유적)
- Zip Code : 50919
- Phone number : +82-55-330-3934
- Homepage :tour.gimhae.go.kr (Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
www.cha.go.kr (Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
- Address : 50, Garak-ro 63beon-gil, Gimhae-si, Gyeongsangnam-do
- Driving directions : [Subway]
Surowangneung Station (Busan-Gimhae LRT), Exit 2.
Walk approx. 5 min.
In 1920, the Archaeological Site in Bonghwang-dong, Gimhae was the first site to be excavated in Korea. The site includes an important shell mound from the Gaya period, as well as the Bonghwangdae Tomb, which was the largest tomb in the Geumgwan Gaya area. These important discoveries lead to the designation as Historical Site No. 2 on February 5, 2001. On top of the hill remain Yeouijangja Pavilion and Hwangsebawi Rock, which are part of the legend about General Hwangse and Yeoui.
- Contact and Information : • 1330 Travel Holtine: +82-2-1330
(Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
•For more info: +82-55-330-3934
- Day off :
- Experience guide :
- Parking facilities : Available
- Available Facilities
Walking path, grass plaza, etc.