Achasanseong Fortress (아차산성)
- Zip Code : 04963
- Phone number : +82-2-450-1655, 1395
- Homepage :www.gwangjin.go.kr/english (Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
- Address : San 16-46, Gwangjang-dong, Gwangjin-gu, Seoul-si
- Driving directions : [Subway]
Achasan Station (Seoul Subway Line 5) Exit 2
- Walk beside Dongui Elementary School and there is the entrance of Achasan. From there walk about 10 min further.
Achasan Station (Seoul Subway Line 5), Exit 3. - Take taxi (approx.15 mins)
Achasanseongseong Fortress boasts magnificent views of the Hangang River and skyline. The 200m-high mountain fortress wall was built to face southeast, towards the Hangang River. It is also called Janghan-seong or Gwangjang-seong. A fierce battle was once fought here among Gogury, Baekje and Silla because of its strategic location during the period of the Three Kingdoms. King Gae-Ro of Baekje (r. 455-475) died in the war by the Goguryeo forces sent by King Jang-Su (r. 413-491) and General Ondal of Goguryeo was also killed in a battle with the Silla army in 590.
Achasan Mountain is popular as a citizens’ resting place with a historical trail and a natural park including various facilities such as walkway, mountain walkway, a badminton court, a wrestling range, an archery range, various amusement facilities for children, benches, and pavilion.
- Contact and Information : • 1330 Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330
(Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
• For more info: +82-2-450-1655, 1395
- Day off : N/A (Open all year round)
- Experience guide :
- Parking facilities : Available
* Parking fees - 300 won for every 10 mins
- Admission Fees
- Facilities for the Handicapped