Amsa-dong Prehistoric Settlement Site (서울 암사동 유적)
- Zip Code : 05239
- Phone number :
- Homepage :www.sunsa.gangdong.go.kr (Korean only)
- Address : 875, Olympic-ro, Gangdong-gu, Seoul
- Driving directions : [Subway]
Amsa station (Seoul Subway Line 8) Exit 1.
Walk straight for approx. 15 min. to Prehistoric Settlement Site.
Take Bus No. 02 and get off at Amsa Prehistoric Settlement Site Bus Stop.
Amsa-dong Prehistoric Settlement Site reproduces the lifestyle of the Neolithic Era (7000 B.C. ~ 1000 B.C.) Even the entrance gate is shaped like a huge dolmen and the trashcans are ancient diagonal-line patterned earthenware. Amsa-dong Prehistoric Settlement Site was excavated in 1925 when a flood washed away the soil on the banks of Hangang River and exposed a large number of diagonal-line patterned earthenware. After several excavations, the Amsa-dong Prehistoric Settlement Site was established.
The site was a location for a massive colony of primitives, thus many ancient buildings, stone axes and stone arrows have been uncovered as well as countless diagonal-line patterned earthenware. The housing site is round with a spot in the center for fire. The site is colossal and possesses nine mud huts, two exhibition halls displaying ancient artifacts and an open mud hut where you can experience life in the Neolithic Era. The site offers many attractions such as mud huts and promenades. Amsa-dong Prehistoric Settlement Site is also very educational for children and families who want to learn and experience the Neolithic Age.
- Contact and Information : • 1330 Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330 (Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
- Day off : New Year's Day, Mondays (Close on Tuesday when Monday is a national holiday)
- Experience guide :
- Parking facilities : Available (09:30-18:00)
* Parking Fees - mini cars 1,000 won / small cars 2,000 won / large cars 4,000 won
- Admission Fees
Adults (age 19-64) - Individual 500 won / Group 400 won
Children (age 7-18) - Individual 300 won / Group 200 won
* Group - 30 or more people (Inquiries: +82-2-3426-3857 / 3867)
* Free admission: visitors aged under 6 / over 65, visitors with disabilities, during festival periods
- Available Facilities
Exhibition Hall No. 1, No. 2, Restoration dwellings