Archaeological Site in Amsa-dong, Seoul (서울 암사동 유적)
- Zip Code : 05239
- Phone number : +82-2-3425-6520
- Homepage :www.sunsa.gangdong.go.kr
- Address : 875, Olympic-ro, Gangdong-gu, Seoul
- Driving directions : [Subway]
Amsa Station (Seoul Subway Line 8), Exit 1.
Walk straight for approx. 15 min.
Archaeological Site in Amsa-dong reproduces the lifestyle of the Neolithic Era. Even the entrance gate is shaped like a huge dolmen and the trash cans are ancient diagonal-line patterned earthenware. Archaeological Site in Amsa-dong was excavated in 1925 when a flood washed away the soil on the banks of the Hangang River and exposed a large number of diagonal-line patterned earthenware. After several excavations, the Archaeological Site in Amsa-dong was established.
The site was a location for a massive colony, thus many ancient buildings, stone axes and stone arrows have been uncovered as well as countless diagonal-line patterned earthenware. The housing site is round with a spot in the center for fire. The site is colossal and possesses nine mud huts, two exhibition halls displaying ancient artifacts and an open mud hut where you can experience life in the Neolithic Era. The site offers many attractions such as mud huts and promenades. Archaeological Site in Amsa-dong is also very educational for children and families who want to learn and experience the Neolithic Age.
- Contact and Information : • 1330 Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330
(Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
• For more info: +82-2-3425-6520
- Day off : New Year's Day, Mondays (Close on Tuesday if Monday is a public holiday)
- Experience guide :
- Parking facilities : Available (09:30-18:00)
- Admission Fees
Individual - Adults 500 won / Children 300 won
Groups - Adults 400 won / Children 200 won
* Adults (ages 19-64) / Children (ages 7-18) * Groups - 30 or more people
* Free admission: Preschoolers (ages 6 & under), Senior citizens (ages 65 & over)
- Available Facilities
Exhibition Hall No. 1, No. 2, Restoration dwellings
- Parking Fees
Compact cars 1,000 won / small cars 2,000 won / large cars (more than 25 seats) 4,000 won