Beopgwangsa Temple (Pohang) (법광사 (포항))
- Zip Code : 37522
- Phone number : +82-54-243-0178
- Homepage :
- Address : 290, Sangeup-gil, Singwang-myeon, Buk-gu, Pohang-si, Gyeongsangbuk-do
- Driving directions : From Dong Seoul Terminal (Gangbyeon Station, Seoul Subway Line 2), take an intercity bus bound for Pohang(포항).
* Bus schedule: 07:00-24:00, 20min intervals
From Pohang Terminal, take Bus 100(Naengsu) / 100(Bangok) / 100(Singwang) bound for Singwang-myeon Town Office(신광면사무소).
From Singwang-myeon Town Office, take a taxi to Beopgwangsa Temple(법광사) (15min).
Beopgwangsa Temple is located at the foot of Bihaksan Mountain in the city of Pohang, Gyeongsangbuk-do Province. It was originally built during the reign of King Jinpyeong (579-631) of the Silla Kingdom by Great Monk Wonhyo upon the order of the king.
The temple used to be large measuring 525 kan (kan is a traditional measurement of distance between two columns, about 1.8 meters), but most of its buildings burned down in a fire in 1863. The current buildings were rebuilt in 1952. The site of the old temple is designated as Historical Site no. 493. Some of the remaining relics are a three-story pagoda, Bulsangyeonhwadaejwa (Buddha on a lotus stand), and a twin Ssanggwibu (turtle-shaped stone base of a monument).
- Contact and Information : • 1330 Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330
(Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
• For more info: +82-54-243-0178 (Korean)
- Day off :
- Experience guide :
- Parking facilities :
A PHP Error was encountered
Message: Undefined index: firstimage
Line Number: 240