Baengnyeonsa Temple (백련사)
- Zip Code : 27108
- Phone number : +83-43-653-4996
- Homepage :
- Address : 414, Myeongam-ro 5-gil, Bongyang-eup, Jecheon-si, Chungcheongbuk-do
- Driving directions : Dong Seoul Bus Terminal (Gangbyeon
Station, Seoul Subway Line 2).
Take an intercity bus bound for Bongyang(봉양).
* Bus schedule: 07:20, 07:35, 08:15, 11:35, 12:15, 13:33, 18:10, 19:30
Take a taxi to Baengnyeonsa Temple(백련사) (50min).
Baengnyeonsa Temple is located at the foothills of Gamaksan Mountain in Jaecheon-si, Chungcheongbuk-do Province. The temple is currently composed of the main hall Daeungjeon, Samseonggak Shrine, Muyeomdang Hall, Boeungmun Gate, and residential houses. Daeungjeon Hall enshrines a wooden statue of Buddha sitting that is an artifact from the Joseon Era (1392-1910).
The history of the temple dates back to 662 (the second year of King Munmu’s reign during the Silla Kingdom), when a small shrine called Baengnyeonam was built by the great monk Uisang on the east side of Baengyeonji Site. The temple has been reconstructed and restored numerous times throughout the course of several wars. The temple once encompassed many branch temples and shrines such as Mireuksa, Sinheungsa, Cheonsuam, Eunjeokam, and Cheongnyeonam, but only their foundation sites remain today.
- Contact and Information : • 1330 Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330
(Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
• For more info: +82-43-653-4996
- Day off : N/A (Open all year round)
- Experience guide :
- Parking facilities : Available
- Activity Fees
- Parking Fees
A PHP Error was encountered
Message: Undefined index: firstimage
Line Number: 240