Beomnyunsa Temple (Yongin) (법륜사 (용인))
- Zip Code : 17168
- Phone number : +82-31-332-5703
- Homepage :beomnyunsa.or.kr
- Address : 126, Nongchonpark-ro, Wonsam-myeon, Cheoin-gu, Yongin-si, Gyeonggi-do
- Driving directions : [Subway]
Jamsil Station (Subway Line 2), Exit 6 or 7.
-Take Bus 5600 or 5800 to Yongin Intercity Bus Terminal.
-From the terminal, take Bus 16.
-Get off at Beomnyunsa Temple.
Gangnam Station (Subway Line 2), Exit 10
-Take Bus 5001 or 5002 to Yongin Intercity Bus Terminal
-From the terminal take Bus 16.
Get off at Beomnyunsa Temple.
Bus 5600, 5800, 5001, 5002: 15-min intervals.
Bus 16: 6:30, 08:00, 09:20, 12:10, 14:30, 16:30, 18:00, 19:20, 20:45
Beomnyunsa Temple, located at the foot of the Munsusan Mountain in Yongin, Gyeoggi-do, consists of the Hall of Sakyamoni, the Hall of Paradise, the Hall of Kwan-yin, the Hall of Josa, Samsunggak Shrine, Beomjonggak Shrine, Yosachae, and a place of mediation for Buddhist nuns.
The sizable 130-pyeong Hall of Sakyamoni was built in an open form of the Chinese character "亞" ("ah") in a Southern Buddhist style. The hall, made of indigenous red pine tree from Baekdusan Mountain, contains a 53-tonne stone Sakyamoni Statue (three times bigger in size than the Buddhist statue in Seokguram Grotto) and a 33-tonne stone Munsu Bohyeon Buddhist Saint Statue. On the left wall are 104 Sinjungnim (guardians of Buddhist law) as well as a Dongjin Boan Buddhist Saint Statue. There are also 1250 Buddhist saint statues, symbolizing the devotion of Buddhist followers.
The temple also holds a three-story stone pagoda from the late Unified Silla Era, and is registered as Cultural Asset No. 145.
As of March 2009, the temple also began offering a temple stay program.
- Contact and Information : • 1330 Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330
(Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
• For more info: +82-31-332-5703,
Temple stay: +82-10-6766-8700
- Day off : N/A (open all year round)
- Experience guide : [Temple Stay]
Retreat type (Permanent program: Two days, one night)
- Exploring temple, bell-tolling, 108 bows & meditation, music meditation, walking for finding a dream, tea talk with Buddhist monk, etc.
Experiential type (The third Saturday and Sunday of each month)
- Exploring temple, bell-tolling, 108 bows & music meditation, positive meditation, forest meditation, tea talk with Buddhist monk, etc.
Experiential type (The fourth Saturday and Sunday of each month)
- Exploring temple, bell-tolling, turtle dreaming, lantern floating, walking for finding a dream, making Jangmyeongru (braided bracelet), tea talk with Buddhist monk, etc.
One-day program 'Dangdang Temple Stay'
- Exploring temple, balugongyang (communal Buddhist meal service), bell-tolling, Dangdang's day
* Reservation: bubryunsa.templestay.com/
* Inquiries: +82-10-6766-8700
- Parking facilities : Available
- Admission Fees
A PHP Error was encountered
Message: Undefined index: firstimage
Line Number: 240