Baekdudaegan Mountain Range Canyon Train (V-Train) (백두대간협곡열차 (V-트레인))
- Zip Code : 36265
- Phone number : +82-1600-7788
- Homepage :www.7788.co.kr (Korean only)
- Address : 49, Buncheon-gil, Bonghwa-gun, Gyeongsangbuk-do
- Driving directions :
The ‘V’ in V-Train stands for "valley," as it travels through the remote mountainous areas of Gangwon-do and Gyeongsangbuk-do. It is also referred to as the "Baby Baekho (white tiger) Train" due to the white tiger motif on the train's exterior as it runs through the Baekdudaegan mountain range. The train moves at the speed of 30km per hour, but excluding the Cheoram Route where the train normally slows down to 27.7 km per hour, allowing passengers to have time to enjoy the view outside. To provide clear views of the cliffs and valleys along the ride, a large portion of the train walls, excluding the ceiling, has been made into glass windows. Passengers can open and close the windows as they please to let in fresh mountain air.
- Contact and Information : • 1330 Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330
(Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
• For more info: +82-1600-7788
- Day off :
- Experience guide :
- Parking facilities : Not available
- Film Locations
Drama "You're the Best! (2013)"
- Facility Utilization Fees
Varies by route; refer to the website for details.
- Available Facilities
Car No.1: Viewing Room (56 seats)
Car No.2: Viewing Room, Mini Cafe (46 seats)
Car No.3: Viewing Room (56 seats)
- Korean Info. Service
Knowledgable train crew members offer tourism information to all passengers.
Leaflets and other materials are also available in the train.
- Interpretation Services Offered
- Reservation Info. for Foreigners
Reservations via phone or homepage available.