Goseong Unification Observatory (고성 통일전망대)
- Zip Code : 24702
- Phone number : +82-33-682-0088
- Homepage :www.tongiltour.co.kr (Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
- Address : 481, Geumgangsan-ro, Goseong-gun, Gangwon-do
- Driving directions : [Bus]
From Dong Seoul Bus Terminal, take a bus to Goseong.
- From Goseong, take a taxi to Unification and Security Park.
Built by an army unit in 1983, Goseong Unification Observatory is the nearest place for viewing Geumgangsan Mountain in North Korea. From the observatory, you can see Haegeumgang and the islands nearby as well as get a glimpse of various peaks of Geumgangsan Mountain such as Ilchulbong Peak (1,552 m), Chaehabong Peak, and Oknyeobong Peak. Many monuments are built within the area in hopes of reunification.
- Contact and Information : • 1330 Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330
(Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
• For more info: +82-33-682-0088
- Day off : N/A (Open all year around)
- Experience guide :
- Parking facilities : Available
- Admission Fees
Individuals: Adults 3,000 won / Seniors & Teenagers 1,500 won
Groups: Adults 2,000 won / Seniors 1,000 won / Teenagers 1,200 won
* Group: 30 people or more
* Seniors: Ages 65 and older
* Students: Elementary - High School
* Fee includes admission to Korean War Exhibition Hall.
- Parking Fees
- 5,000 won (10 seats or fewer)
- 6,000 won (11 seats or more)
- School group: 6,000 won (10 seats or more)