Jjangttungeodari (Mudskipper) Bridge (짱뚱어다리)
- Zip Code : 535-822
- Phone number : +82-61-240-4003, +82-61-240-8976
- Homepage :
- Address : San 221, Jeungdong-ri, Jeungdo-myeon, Sinan-gun, Jeollanam-do
- Driving directions : [Bus]
1) Seoul → Gwangju/Mokpo
* Take a bus from Seoul Central City Express Bus Terminal to Gwangju U-Square Bus Terminal.
(Bus schedule: 00:15-24:00, 15-min intervals / Estimated travel time: 3hr 40min)
* Take a bus from Seoul Central City Express Bus Terminal to Mokpo Bus Terminal.
(Bus schedule: 05:30-24:00, 40-min intervals / Estimated travel time: 4hr)
2) Gwangju/Mokpo/Seoul → Jido-eup
* Take a bus from Gwangju U-Square Bus Terminal to Jido Express Bus Terminal.
(Bus schedule: 19 times daily / Estimated travel time: 1hr 50min)
* Take a bus from Mokpo Bus Terminal to Jido Express Bus Terminal.
(Bus schedule: every hour / Estimated travel time: 1hr 15min)
* Take a bus from Seoul Central City Express Bus Terminal to Jido Express Bus Terminal.
(Bus schedule: 07:30, 16:20 / Estimated travel time: 4hr 10min)
3) Jido-eup → Jeungdo-myeon
Take a bus bound for Jeungdo from Jido Express Bus Terminal to Jeungdo-myeon.
Take a bus or a taxi from Jeungdo-myeon to Jjangttungeodari Bridge.
* Taxi from Jido Bus Terminal to the bridge: 25 mins / 15 km
Featuring natural areas untouched by human hands, Jeungdo Island in Shinan-gun was the first Slow City designated in Asia as of December 1, 2007. The trademark image of the island is Jjangttungeodari Bridge, built above 470m from the mud flat. This wooden bridge allows visitors to observe mud creatures all without stepping foot in the mud. The jjangttungeo (mudskipper) is only able to live in clean mud flats and they are found in this island easily. The name of the bridge comes from the image of many mudskippers jumping around the bridge. During low tide, the vast mud flat appears, as well as various mud organisms including mudskippers, crabs, clams and lug worms. When the tide is high, crossing this bridge will give the feeling of walking on water. The sight seen from the bridge is perfect for a date course, and after crossing the bridge, you will find yourself on Ujeon Beach, which offers a beautiful view of the setting sun.
- Contact and Information : • 1330 Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330
(Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
• For more info: +82-61-240-4003,
- Day off : N/A (Open all year round)
- Experience guide : Mudflat experience
- Parking facilities : Available
- Tour Course Information
[Course 1] Beautiful Sunset Road
Sinan Marine Archaeology Monuments
[Couse 2] Trace of the Martyr’s Road
Sunbigi (Herb) Exhibition Hall – Jjangttungeodari Bridge / Mandeuldoksal (Seokbangryeon; stone wall set up at a place with a big different between high and low tide) – Sinan Marine Archaeology Monuments
[Course 3] Millennium Forest Road (4.6km, 1hr 30min)
Jjangttungeodari Bridge – Haesong Forest – Mud Flat Exhibition Hall
Available (Next to Jeungdo Slow City Tourism Information Center)